Monday, February 27, 2012

New Year, New Me

Whoa, so I started this post back in January (I guess I've been a bit side-tracked the past two months). Anyhoo, today while procrastinating from studying for my Series 7(stock broker exam), I decided to revisit it (so I apologize if it's a bit New Years-ish (I think I made up that word).

What will 2012 bring?

First, the exciting news: I was selected for the Wattie Ink Elite Team. This is an amazing group of like-minded athletes, and amazing sponsors. I'm honored and feel very lucky! Much more to come on this as the season progresses...



I've planned my race schedule and have good stuff ahead. First up...NOLA 70.3. I swore I wouldn't do this one after they cancelled the swim in both this and the 5150 last year (seriously, I NEED the swim), but I'm a sucker for discounts and the $50 off lured me in.

I guess the New Year, New Me...also includes the personal front. Going through my divorce last year was the hardest thing I've ever ever gone through. However, from the experience, I've gained so much strength and perspective (plus, I've been reminded of what amazing friends and family I have). It's taken a long time to get to this point but I finally feel myself again, and happy.

So, I'm ready for the challenges and adventures that 2012 brings. I'm ready for race day and life magic.

For now, it's back to studying so I can pay my bills and do this sport I love :)

No comments: