Friday, December 31, 2010

Pumped for 2011

It's hard to believe 2010 is almost over. It’s been a year of change in life (new city, new job, new friends), and a year of patience on the triathlon front (getting the hip through rehab).

Moving into 2011, I’m smiling. I’m loving New Orleans, my new job, have made some great friends and am really enjoying life. I’m also in a great place with my hip. The patience and persistence required to get where I wanted to be was much harder than I ever expected but it feels good to finally be back at it again and pain free.

So what’s in store for 2011 and triathlon? Good stuff…

I’m ready to race, still strengthening the hip….keeping up with the rehab exercises, and lots of TRX.

I started working with a running coach. His coaching philosophy seems to be working really well for me. He has me running more often than I have in the past, but not as long each time and each workout has a purpose.

I’m signed up for the NOLA 70.3 and going to focus on this as an A race. Other than that, I’m going to focus on the Olympic Distance triathlons this year. I like this distance, and hopefully with some running help, I can get better at it.

Cheers to a great 2010 and an even better 2011.

4 comments:

bex said...

I'm doing NOLA 70.3 as well!! Super excited!!!

TRIFishy said...

Hi!

My name is Gena and I work for a tri store online. I happened upon your blog and enjoyed reading about your triathlon ventures. Anyway, I am contacting you to see if you are interested in a simple sponsorship. Please let me know at sponsorships@onetri.com. I just wanted to note that you have been selected as you met our specific guidelines. If you are interested just send me a quick note and I’ll send you more details about the potential sponsorship.

Thank you!
Happy Training..

Heidi Austin said...

you need to come back to blogging ;)

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com